Bronx, NYC– In 2005 you could catch Eduardo Nunez playing third base for the Staten Island Yankees at the Richmond County Bank Ballpark at St. George with fellow current New York Yankee Brett Gardner. The Staten Island Yankees won the New York Penn-League Championship that season and it was part one of going back to back as they repeated their championship glory in the 2006 season. Nunez now joins Robinson Cano, the aforementioned Brett Gardner and Francisco Cervelli who have all spent time in Staten Island. I’m glad to see Eduardo in the Bronx and I sure hope John Sterling eventually learns how to correctly pronounce his name. Eduardo Nunez had his first Major League hit, RBI, and run scored yesterday and he followed it up today with his first major league double. Yesterday he played 3B for the injured Alex Rodriguez and today he played SS for Derek Jeter who was given most of today off due to the high scoring of the Yankees offense.
- De ja vu all over again as Yankees drop home opener
- Yankees Drop Season Opener 2-0 in Brooklyn
- Cito Culver Makes Pro Debut in Staten Island!
- Eduardo Nunez In the Bronx!
- 2010 NYPL American League All-Stars
- 2010 NYPL All-Star Game
- R.I.P. GEORGE M. STEINBRENNER 1930-2010
- Yankees take game 3 from Cyclones behind strong pitching performance from Mike O’Brien
- Yankees drop game 2 to Cyclones at MCU Park
- Yankees lose Opener to Cyclones 5-3